Your body is an amazing, intricate machine. Inside of you there is a whole lot of liquid floating around. You, in effect, existing within a liquid environment. In order for your body to work the way it was designed, it needs to maintain a sensitive internal balance between the acidity and alkalinity of that aqueous solution.
We were designed to function optimally in an alkaline environment. When we are balanced toward a liquid alkaline environment…
We are charged with energy
- Our immune system is super enhanced
- We burn fat more effectively
- Our cells regenerate more efficiently
Why Your pH Level Matters
pH means potential of hydrogen. It is a measurement of the acidity or alkalinity of an aqueous solution. A pH level of less than 7 is said to be acidic, whereas one above 7 is considered alkaline. A pH level of 7 is basic. Pure water has a pH level of 7.
Unfortunately, modern living has drastically inclined us toward an acidic pH environment. This is causing havoc within our bodies.
As a result of a lifestyle that promotes acidity, many people in our society . . .
- Gain and hold on to fat too readily
- Attract diseases and viruses
- Age prematurely
- Have a severe lack of energy
- Suffer from osteoporosis
- Are plagued by chronic pain and inflammation
- Suffer muscle wasting protein breakdown
- Are insulin resistant
If your body becomes too acidic, it will turn to your bones, where calcium is stored, in order to maintain a more neutral, beneficial environment. Eating alkalising foods is beneficial because they contain minerals like calcium, potassium, sodium and magnesium These minerals form mineral hydroxides and carbonates in our cells that act like sponges to soak up acidity.
It is not an overstatement, to state that the key to optimizing your health is to alkanize your body.
Having too much acid in our blood is the precursor to every conceivable ailment imaginable. These include cancer, arthritis and heart disease. But not only will, moving your body from an acidic to an alkaline environment make you less susceptible to disease, it will give you an immense energy boost and promote fat loss.
Becoming More Alkaline
In order to prevent the devastating effects of acidity in the body, you need to be at a pH level of 7.4. On the pH scale, “0” is total acidity and “14” is total alkalinity. “7.4” is tending toward alkalinity, but that is what is needed in order to combat the acid overload that our lifestyle fosters.
So, what can you do to move your pH levels back towards 7.4? The 3 key steps that you need to initiate today are . . .
- Eat less acid forming food
- Eat more alkaline forming food
- Drink more pure water. This will help the kidneys to flush the toxins from your system.
To help you get on the road to a healthy pH balance, we put together a list of the 15 most acidic foods that you need to eliminate from your diet, followed by the 15 most alkaline foods to replace them with . . .
The Most Acidic Foods: Eat Less
- Cheese (milk, goat, soy)
- Ice Cream
- Potatoes (white or red)
- Dried, pickled or canned fruit
- Oat Bran
The Most Alkaline Foods: Eat More
- Sprouted Beans
- Salad Greens
- Spelt Grains
- Fresh and dried herbs
Extra Tips to Get Your pH Balance Right
- Before breakfast combine half a lemon or lime with water or take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Eat at least one cup of green vegetables each day
- Drink miso soup or add miso to dishes
- Add ginger to dishes to help to alkalise a meal
- Choose grains that are more alkalizing like wild rice, oats or quinoa
- Eat sweet potatoes and turnips
- Eat several servings of raw fruit and vegetable
- Drink spring water high in minerals
- Consume green vegetable juices
- Include 3 cups of herbal tea daily
- Drink herbal tonics
- Use supplements that encourage an alkaline environment in the body, such as:
- Liquid chlorophyll
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Barley Grass
Many people are looking in all the wrong places order to discover the source of their ailments, lack of energy and inability to lose fat. An overly acidic environment is usually the underlying culprit. You will never be at your best until you get your pH level balanced out. Start making the change today and you will soon discover how wonderful it feels to live a (pH) balanced life.